Saturday, May 14, 2011

News

After applying and interviewing for a new teaching position, I have just been offered a contract!  I don't know if I should do a happy dance or sit down and cry! It is all very exciting and scary!

If you've been following my blog, you know that the past few years of teaching have been physically and emotionally challenging.  This year has probably been one of the hardest.  In teaching K-8 Vocal and 5-8 Band, I have been swamped and exhausted all year.  I have never quite felt in control or ever truly prepared, and with my anxiety issues, it has not been a good combination.

For this new position I will be teaching K-12 Vocal Music.  It will still be a very demanding position, but believe it or not, in comparing the pros and cons with my current position, this new one wins!

With this new position, I will only have to drive a total of 40 min. a day versus my current 2 hours!  I will actually be able to be home before 5:00 p.m. if I like! This means I might actually have the energy/ambition to get back into a sewing routine - how nice would that be!?!?

Well, thanks for stopping, come again, and take care! - Elizabeth

2 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Sounds like a good deal to me. Congrats.

Vivian said...

Your difficult year is over. On to better days.
Wonderful seeing you yesterday. Here's to better days, less driving, only vocal music, and more time for your sewing and quilting and crafts!