Monday, February 14, 2011

Strep creeps back.

First, I want to thank you for all the lovely comments regarding my purse!  Thank You!!

Moving on..... I spent all weekend in bed, and just couldn't muster the strength to go to school today. So, to the Dr. I went. Apparently I am on "the verge" of having strep again due to the antibiotics from my first go-around not being quite strong enough to kill all the little germmy buggers!  If this next batch of antibiotics doesn't work, then it's off to an Ear, Nose and Throat Dr.!

Of course this is all happening the week of my elementary parent-teacher conferences.  They're always such a pleasure to begin with, but add feeling absolutely miserable on top of that - STOP THE WORLD, I'D LIKE TO GET OFF! - yes, I know - rather punny that a music teacher would use such a quote :)

Okay, I'm done whining.  Thanks for stopping by, and maybe the next time you visit I'll actually have that purse finished!

Take Care - Elizabeth

Update 2/15/11: 4 parents came to visit me in the 4 hours of parent-teacher conferences this evening.  The Art teacher had 1 parent.  We both see approximately 150 elementary students throughout the week. Hmmmmm..............  It's so very disheartening to see the appreciation of the Arts disappear! 

2 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Let's hope this round of antibiotics will do the trick. Some of them don't work on me either. Hope your feeling better soon.

Vivian said...

Disappointing turnout for the conferences. I'm sorry you don't get more face-to-face appreciation from parents.
I hope your latest round of antibiotics did the trick and destroyed those nasties.