Sunday, May 2, 2010

New Projects....

Mamma Bear and I went on a mini quilt shop hop yesterday, and of course some items HAD to come home with me.

This first one will test my ability to sew curves, but the demo was ultra cute hanging up "sew" I thought I'd give it a try! (I know-terribly punny!).

This next fabric will become a purse...........

......like these other two I have done! I think I like this pattern. If you do too, you can get it here!

5 more weeks of school! "I think I can, I think I can, I think............"

Still undecided.

Am to talk with the Superintendent tomorrow so hopefully that will give me a better indication of what I want to do.

Ah, stress - what life would be like with out it?

As usual, thanks for stopping and take care! - Elizabeth

7 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I did a couple of blocks with circles, they were fun to do and not as difficult as I thought. I plan on making more but haven't gotten to it yet. Nice fabric selection.

Vivian said...

Half the problem with sewing curves is being afraid of them. They're not hard at all -- just a little patience and a big bunch of confidence -- you know, "I think I can, I think I can."
I like your fabrics.

Heckety said...

That quilt looks like it'll be fun!! And I only LOVE the fabrics you got for your new purse!! You hang in there for school- 'this too will pass'...

Heckety said...

I've just been reading all your older posts- like the diaper bag btw! but oh! boy! girl- have you been in the wars OR WHAT?? You poor thing- bugs, falling and your lovely job offer for next year! If you are already teaching preK to 8th Grade vocal, with all the requisite showcase Concerts and extra work involved with rehersals and organisation, taking on the band is not a fair request. I speak from experience here, instruments and vocal are a TOUGH combination, one or the other, not both. And don't let them tell you its 'just' Music- History and English are 'just' writing and learning but does anyone get given the whole school to teach both subjects? Not in my experience!

And that's the end of Auntie Heckety's sermon. I think of you often, more often than I leave comments, and that's for sure.Don't let the ###### grind you down!!

Nima said...

wow..beautiful purse...than you so much for the link

Sam said...

I love your fabric pick ups and that purse is so cute! Sam xox

Rhoda said...

Thanks for visiting me! It's nice to reconnect. I love your bags - that owl fabric is a hoot! : ) I've done curved blocks, the secret is lots of pinning, but they go together well. Rhoda